Can't download from Store without Anniversary update.

Discuss or report a bug from TimeMe in here.

Can't download from Store without Anniversary update.

Postby PhilK » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:03 pm

I can't seem to get the latest Tile Me from Windows phone store. I did once, wouldn't work tried again without luck since. Is there a QT link to download it from YOU (which I gether works better for some reason) I'm on a BLU phone Windows 10
PhilK

Re: Can't download from Store

Postby Arnold Vink » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:42 pm

PhilK wrote:I can't seem to get the latest Tile Me from Windows phone store. I did once, wouldn't work tried again without luck since. Is there a QT link to download it from YOU (which I gether works better for some reason) I'm on a BLU phone Windows 10

TimeMe is currently only available for phones that have the Anniversary (14393) update installed.
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Re: Can't download from Store

Postby PhilK » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Odd I'm not getting the Anniversary update.
Thanks anyway for getting the one that WILL work with Windows 10 pre-anniversary ! A QR scanner link would be great ;)
PhilK

Re: Can't download from Store without Anniversary update.

Postby Arnold Vink » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm sorry for all non anniversary users out there, but I'm from now on going to release all my apps just for the anniversary update or higher.
This is because I'm starting to move on to Xamarin development focusing on all mobile platforms instead of just Windows Mobile and want to make sure my app works at it's best on the latest Windows (Mobile) update.

I hope the Anniversary update comes soon to your mobile device, so just sit tight for a little while!

Greets,
Arnold
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Postby PhilK » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 am

You know, I've found this with all things Windows phone.
With Android and even iPhone/iPad , no shortage of willingness to help out and direct to where a problem can be sorted
Not so with Windows Phone. It always seems a case of "keep up with the Joneses or **** off"
PhilK

Postby Arnold Vink » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Yea, Microsoft pretty much forced their users to upgrade their phones twice now in just a few years time.

From Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8 (Devices like HTC HD7 and Lumia 800/900 and more)
And from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Devices like Lumia 820/920 and lots more)

But Apple and Android also have a history of doing this with for example iOS5 and Android with various OS updates phasing out older devices.

I'm still the proud owner of an old Lumia 820 and luckily there was a way to get the anniversary update by "faking" it was a newer phone otherwise I would have already stopped developing for Windows completely because I don't feel like upgrading my phone just to be able to run the latest operating system version again.

Anyways, I have never had a Blu phone and don't know much about it but perhaps you can try to signup for the Windows Insider program and get the anniversary update early through it by signing up for the "Release Preview" this will give you stable and the latest operating system updates a bit earlier without having to wait for your mobile device carrier if you are really in a hurry to get TimeMe.

Greets,
Arnold
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Postby Arnold Vink » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:58 pm

Since Microsoft decided not to release the anniversary update to "legacy" Lumia devices at all I have decided to make a workaround so TimeMe will also work on Windows 10 v10586 devices again, this update should be available soon in the store... if there are still people interested in it.

Greets,
Arnold
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Return to [Uni] TimeMe