Removing AV Tools and Keyboard Opener from startup not work?

Discuss Keyboard Opener in here.

Removing AV Tools and Keyboard Opener from startup not work?

Postby Ryan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:50 am

Hi,

I am having troubles uninstalling Keyboard Opener as well as ArnoldVinkTools. I was able to delete the folders, but the programs still show up on the Window's startup list. Is there anything else that I can do to completely uninstall these programs?
Ryan

Re: uninstalling Keyboard Opener

Postby Arnold Vink » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 am

If you manualy created shortcuts you can delete them here by browsing to it with Windows Explorer:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Or if you made it startup with the application settings itself simply uncheck the startup box and they should be gone.
(Make sure to run the application as Administrator by right clicking on the exe file and press on Run as Administrator and is installed in the exact same directory as before)

And if this all didn't work you can open the Windows Task Manager and uncheck the applications there from the startup tab.
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Postby Ryan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 am

Hi Arnold,

The Keyboard Opener and ArnoldVinkTools were deleted on Windows Explorer. Also, I never was able to activate them in the application settings. The two applications are still showing up on the startup tab of Windows Task Manager. I disabled them from starting up, though I don't think that is necessary since it says "not measured" under the "startup impact" header. I figure this is due to deleting them in Windows Explorer. There must be some lingering data for the programs to show up on the startup list. Is there a way hunt these down and remove them?
Ryan

Postby Arnold Vink » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 am

There is a tool named "CCleaner" which will search for missing files in your Windows registery and remove missing applications like Arnold Vink Tools from your Windows Startup, it can also clean up other files from your Windows installation so it's always good to run this once in a while to keep things clean.

You can download it from here: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner (Make sure to disable any ad installation during the CCleaner installation if they ask for it)

Once you have installed it open CCleaner and goto the "Registery" tab and click on "Scan for Issues" once this is done you should see "Missing Startup Item Arnold Vink Tools" select it and click on "Fix Selected Issue" and it should be gone from the Startup tab :)

Good luck!
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Postby Ryan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks Arnold! That did the trick. I really appreciate you help.
Ryan

Return to [Win] Keyboard Opener (Cancelled)