Cant Debug Web-App After Installing Wp8.1 SDK Lite

Discuss and talk about anything you want in here!

Cant Debug Web-App After Installing Wp8.1 SDK Lite

Postby Vipresh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:29 pm

After Installing the 8.1 SDK Lite version on my Windows 7 PC - 64 bit , I am not able to debug Web Apps in VS2013 ..
I tried repairing VS2013 - didn't work.
Tried Uninstalling VS2013 and Reinstalling - didn't work.
Tried Uninstalling VS2013, .NetFramework4.51 and 4.5 and then Re-Install VS203- didn't work.

Any idea what changes are made the SDK Lite version that doesn't allow Debugging Web Projects?
By Debugging I mean , when I try to Run the Web App , VS2013 starts IIS express the Web site tries to connect on the port but then fails and debugging stops without giving any error.
Vipresh

Re: Cant Debug Web-App After Installing Wp8.1 SDK Lite

Postby Arnold Vink » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:14 pm

I haven't used the lite sdk for a long long time, but you could try to do the following:
Manually uninstall all off the following installed applications from "Add/Remove software / Programs and Features":
- TypeScript Power Tool
- Windows Phone 8.1 SDK - Desktop
- Windows Phone 8.1 SDK - ARM/x86/x64
- Windows Phone 8.1 Tools for Visual Studio 2013
- Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Assemblies
- Windows Software Development Kit for Windows Store Apps
- Windows Phone 8.0 Emulation Images
- Windows Phone 8.0 Managed SDK Profiler (ARM)
- Windows Phone 8.0 Managed SDK Profiler (X86)
- Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Assemblies

Those applications are the only ones installed when you have used the lite sdk 8.X.

If this didn't work there are also setup commands that will clean all the files a visual studio installation leaves behind after a regular uninstallation.
you can execute this special uninstaller by using the following command line on your visual studio setup exe file: /uninstall /force

More details about this can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2771441

Hope this helps you out, greets.
Arnold
Arnold Vink
Site Admin

Return to Discuss & Talk